IT System Process Improvement
Client Type: Medium Sized Packaging Supply Company
Project Overview: Propose solutions to increase operating efficiency, while reducing monthly IT
- Sales force spending too much time talking to customers without closing sales.
- Operational delays and duplicate effort resulting from inefficient company data communications.
- High IT maintenance costs, particularly in PC maintenance, e-mail virus’s, and increasing e-mail costs.
- Developed and hosted a web site with a detailed on-line product catalog and information request form.
- Implemented on-site company E-mail Server with anti-virus protection, virtually eliminating e-mail virus
- Standardized computer hardware/software and replaced clone PC’s with more reliable Compaq workstations with
- Implemented a fixed monthly cost IT maintenance contract, eliminating high hourly rate charges.
- Designed and implemented a custom network information tracking system utilizing MS Access and Excel, increasing
information flow and operational efficiency.
- Designed and implemented an e-mail based help desk system.
- Implemented an automated network end user software update procedure.
- Decreased sales closing time enough to eliminate two sales representatives, resulting in over a $10,000.00 per
month decrease in payroll and commission costs.
- Increased gross monthly sales by 25%.
- Reduced monthly IT maintenance costs by 75%
- Increased net monthly profit by 20%