Network System Relocation and Upgrade
Client Type: Growing Industrial Equipment Distributor
Project Overview: Move and upgrade IT voice and data operations into larger building without down time.
One day of down time cost the company over $100,000 in lost revenue.
- Implement data/voice communications infrastructure for future growth and functionality.
- Provide temporary serial terminal connectivity for legacy computer system.
- Install one voice and data cable drop to each of 72 locations (144 voice and data drops).
- Upgrade to new computer system after move.
- Before move: Procured and tested voice and data communications over multiple T1
- Before move: Installed voice and data cable drops, temporarily wiring data jacks for serial terminal
- Before move: Installed, configured and tested new voice/data communications system (switches, routers,
firewall, channel bank, rack system).
- During move: Re-installed and tested legacy computer system, and PBX system to new building over the weekend.
- After Move: Re-wired each data jack for ethernet, installed and tested new SCO UNIX based computer
- Reduced overall project cost and typical implementation delays by supplying and pre-installing all cabling and
communications hardware/software systems.
- Began operating in new building on specified target date, with no down time. Potentially saving
client $100,000.00 per day.
- Reduced monthly telephone bill by 30% with integrated voice and data T1 circuits
- Increased employee productivity by 20% with upgraded computer and data communications equipment
- Saved over $5000.00 by eliminating duplicate cabling for legacy system.